Friday, 8 August 2014

Al-a-Carte Style


Our al-a-carte dining experience was alive this week, buzzing with chatter as our children collected a variety of natural materials to enhance their play experience.


Obi declared “We’re making a mud pie. You need lots of people to make it!”




 Julian,held the handle as Santai added the water. Olivia and Obi mixed the mud pie. 



Our educator Kel said “Let’s make something special we could make at preschool. Maybe some pancakes?” Freya “My brother likes to put maple syrup on his pancakes. We are being Chefs, I’m making a choc milkshake!”


Julian and Seth carried their cooking to the cubby house.  Seth shared "At home I make muffins with my mum." Julian replied "Well I make pizzas." Seth added "I'm making bacon and eggs now. I need to cook them in the oven.   


        
Olivia, Freya, Kane and Alanah mixed, measured and poured alongside one another. Alanah stood at the picnic table and said “I think I’m going to make a cake!" Alanah explained to Kel (educator) that "You have to take all the ingredients, add a sprinkle of sand and then you pick some leaves.” Alanah grabbed an egg beater and placed it in her bowl. She turned the handle and mixed the water and sand together. Alanah said “I’m not using a spoon to stir my cake. I’m going to use this thing. You need to mix it all together before you have a taste of it. When you are finished stirring, you place the cake in the oven, cause that’s where all the cooking is done.” Alanah placed her bowl in the outside play oven. “Now while the cake is cooking, we can have a cuppa tea."


Noah, Riley, Santai, Obi and Julian took their cooking to the top of the forte. They worked together to transport all of there cooking utensils, water and ingredients.


Obi said "We're making lunch orders." Kel (educator) asked "What's on the menu?" Obi replied "Soup." Kel asked "How will you deliver a soup lunch order?" Obi said "We'll deliver it and the teachers can get it out."







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...